Monday, August 27, 2012

A left-handed pen!

All you right-handed people out there will not understand this post. And non-observant left-handed people might not know what I'm talking about either. But this has been a pet peeve of mine for many years.  When I am writing with a pen, this is what it looks like:
See how all the writing is upside down?  All pens, crayons, markers, etc. are like this.  I've always wondered why the information can't be printed both ways?  There is room on the writing utensil!  Give a left-handed person a break! :) 

Well, I was shopping the other day for new pens.  I wanted some fun, colorful pens.  But they are not so easy to find anymore.  Here is my criteria for said pens:  I want black ink.  Not a colorful pink pen with pink ink.  Regular ole black ink.  And I don't want a gel pen.  And I want a clicky pen, not one with a cap.  Hmmm...I think that is it.  So, I found these "Bic for Her" pens.  Which made me laugh.  But they met all the criteria and came in pink and purple.  So I bought them.  Guys...don't try to steal them, they are for girls only!  Well, when I was testing them (because I'm the dork that has to test my pens when I get home to see how they write!), this is what I discovered:
Bic for Her is a left-handed pen!  I can read the writing without turning the pen upside down!  I shall buy stock in this pen!  I shall never use any other pen again!  Well, except when I need to use a gel pen or a marker or a colored pencil or a crayon.  Okay, so just as I have specific criteria for the pen I wanted to buy, I also use different kinds of pens for different things.  But that's a blog for another day.  Unless I don't want everyone to know just how much of a freak show I am.  Then I'll just let you ponder it on your own and wonder what I am talking about!

No comments: