Sunday, June 22, 2008

An Assortment of Pictures Per Someone's Request

I was the first to point out that I hadn't posted any pictures in a while. So I've been lazy. But at least I've been posting something : ). Now, I have ten pictures to share that I took today!

This is the yard at my dad's house. Notice that there is no grass. The yard was completely gutted two weeks ago in order to reseed and relandscape.
For awhile, with the rain, we had a mud pit. Sorry I didn't invite anyone over to mud wrestle. I didn't want to show everyone up with my superior skills.
This is the concrete and poles that will eventually become the new privacy fence going up around the yard. The fence is a necessity because...
This is our new swimming pool! Well, the hole that was dug for the installation of the swimming pool, anyway. Kind of fishy that we are getting a pool just a few weeks before I move out!
And these boxes are the swimming pool! The guys are coming to install it tomorrow, I think.


And in more interesting developments...

These are the boxes I brought back from my grandma's house. I have been through several of them.
Notice the box to the back right, on the floor. This, so far, is the only stuff I intend to take to the apartment : )
In one of the boxes were these two books. When I was in 6th grade, we wrote our own stories. Then we illustrated them and made the covers. Once we were all through with the books, we took them to the elementary school to read to the students. Two things are ironic in this story. Number one, my illustrations would look the same if I drew them today. Number two, my grandma, who loves me dearly, proposed that I get them published. She might be a little biased.
And here are my two chairs. Aren't they so cute : ).
Here is the story of the chairs, as I remember it (which I've learned in the past couple of months I might not have remembered it too accurately). My grandpa either had these chairs made or bought them specifically because they were lower to the ground and he and my grandma were both shorter. I think the chairs are older than me. They were originally covered in 70s orange material--very up and coming when they were purchased. My aunt eventually had them recovered in this fabric, I would say about 10 years ago. So, the fabric is wearing thin (apparently the fabric was not upholstery fabric). I remember my grandpa and grandma sitting in these chairs from when I was very young. Eventually, as my grandma got older, she got a recliner and the chairs moved to the living room. That is where they have been until now. Now they are temporarily being stored in my garage until I move. Then hopefully I will be able to fit them into my apartment. It might have to be one in the bedroom and one in the living room. But they are mine, and for that I am very excited! : )

I hope this satisfies the lack of pictures from previous posts.

3 comments:

stormhuse said...

Yeah, pictures.

Anonymous said...

I am color coding my boxes with signs depending on the room it is designated for....Green - Kitchen; Yellow - Living Room; Red - Bedroom; Pink - Closet; Orange - Dining Room; Light Green - Bathroom....I can't stop organizing!!!!!!!!!!!

-Lisa

Lisa said...

Hey I got my own sign in now!