Thursday, June 12, 2008

Don't worry, I'm not dead

Actually, I'm surprised I haven't gotten the usual, "Maybe you should post something new" comment from Storm yet (while we're on the subject, I haven't heard from him in a while...maybe someone should check to make sure he isnt' dead...), because he is so very regular about posting on his own blog. But I've gotten myself on a tangent already...

Computers are wonderful things when they work. That should explain enough, but I'll elaborate, simply because it's what I do best. Why use 7 words when you could use 37? Don't answer that. Oh, and I digress again. So, our Internet went kaput last Thursday sometime and did not get fixed until Sunday. And by "fixed" I don't mean that my laptop worked, but I think the desktop in the house worked. Maybe, before this story gets too boring and long winded, I should mention that we currently have one desktop and 3 laptops in our house (and doesn't that make us sound either super-rich or really stupid). So, my dad's coworker came over Monday night to fix all of the laptops, since we could only get Internet on the desktop. I was here, I saw my laptop working with my own two eyes and even read a couple of emails before my battery died. When I tried to log back on to the Internet, it no longer worked. So sad. Then, the desktop randomly started freezing up every other time anyone clicked on anything. Very sad. And apparently, I've never had use for the two other laptops and so no one has entrusted me with the passwords to them. Extremely sad. Needless to say, I was SUPER excited when I arrived home today to the wonderful words "Your computer is fixed." So, here I am, enjoying the luxuries of blogging while lying in bed. Of course, I should be sleeping, but that is a story for another day...

4 comments:

Erika said...

haha.. computers.
So i apparently as well came home sunday to my laptop having no internet.
Guess our router for wireless internet was not working. I tried to use my internet skill to fix it, but had to make the call Tues. to fix it.

stormhuse said...

Yes! I got mentioned on a blog!

stormhuse said...

And I updated mine too today...

stormhuse said...

And again today.