Tuesday, June 24, 2008

High Maintenance

Apparently, I have a high maintenance brother! Josh left for camp for a week. It's his first time away from home for that long. So Amy and I were discussing how we think he is doing. Well, I am used to him, but she was telling me about an email that she sent to the children's minister at the church, and I started laughing at all the things she had to be warned about. Number one, Josh gets carsick, so Amy packed him a barf bag. He has to sit close to the front on the bus. Number two, he sleepwalks. Not just every once in a while, but almost every time he is short on sleep. Number three, he used to wake up with night terrors. This hasn't happened in a while, but he used to wake up about once a week screaming as if he was being eaten alive. He falls back to sleep and doesn't remember any of it in the morning. I think that's actually it, but three pretty major things to have to watch out for when you have a kid at camp. Too bad for his counselor!

Oh, and I got home from work today to discover my chairs had been moved in the garage. I didn't think anything of it until I heard that Daynah and her friend had been racing to see who could push off the wall and slide the furthest since the chairs are on wheels! I told Daynah she better not break my chairs or she would be in BIG trouble!

1 comment:

stormhuse said...

Are you trying to say that you've never pushed off the walls to see how far you could go in those chairs?

And yes, I do feel for that camp counselor - hopefully none of those things will happen and Josh will have a great week.