Sunday, June 1, 2008

Books

Sorry for the boring title and possibly an equally boring post. I don't have the brain energy to come up with something super fun or interesting (and it's not even Monday yet!).

I am reading a fiction book about a girl who has an anonymous blog about her coworker, who happens to find out about the blog but doesn't know she's the one writing it. Here is the first page of the book:

"So what do you think, Jackie?"
What do I think? Funny Joe should ask me. He's just finished reading my blog. He's just quoted me to myself. Or is it myself to me? Do I sound surreal, as if I'm living in parallel universes?
I am!
The blog--my blog--is about Joe. And other topics that make me want to scream. But the clever thing is, I'm anonymous. When I'm blogging.
I'm Jackie, Joe's cubicle mate, when I'm not.
And that's the problem.
Joe is asking Jackie (me) what I think about the Anonymous Blogger (also me). And since I don't want Joe to know the blog is all about me and what I think of him, I can't tell him what I think about me. My brain is starting to short-circuit.

It's an entertaining book. It's actually the second time I've read it, but the first time I did not have a blog of my own. So, I saw it on my shelf the other day and decided that I should read it again from the new perspective of a blog writer. Oh, it's called "The Cubicle Next Door" in case anyone wants to read it.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Yeah Teresa...it looked like a really good book.