Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"So Far Away"

I was listening to the radio last week and this song has stuck in my mind for about a week.

So far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore.
It would be so fine to see your face at my door...

I miss my friends who don't live close to me. This week they have felt really far away. When something exciting is happening, I wish I could tell them face-to-face instead of over the phone. When something bad happens, I wish they were near so I could cry with them. I wish I could hold my friend Christy's new baby. I wish I could be in the waiting room for Danell to tell me the second she comes out what the sex of her twins is. I wish I could help Lisa move into her new apartment. I wish Lisa could help me move into my new apartment.

Don't get me wrong, I am SO THANKFUL for all my Peoria friends and love to spend time with them. But they can't replace the friends I have left behind. And I am so thankful for email and telephones so that I can keep up with everyone. Sorry, it's just a random emotional day. Sometimes it stinks to be emotional : ).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a trip to Texas might be coming!?

Anonymous said...

The comment was from your mother. Forgot to sign my name!

Ashley said...

I am going to feel the same way about you when I move! love you!

stormhuse said...

Yeah, most nights I cry missing my friends.

Seriously.

No, not seriously.

Ashley said...

we know you really are serious Storm.

You should buy a scooter and you could drive that into Peoria to visit your friends more. I am assuming the reason you don't is because of the gas prices since you live so far away.

Erika said...

thanks for the comment....I'm sure the Guatemala trip changed your perspective on adoption.
Thanks for being a faithful monday night fan.

stormhuse said...

Um, I checked and I don't have any friends that live in Peoria.

Just kidding...

It's not the gas prices, it's just that Washington is so perfect that I just can't bear to leave it.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could help me move into my new apartment too! I am so over packing up these boxes....

-Lisa