Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sentimental and Silly

I was reading through my birthday posts from last year looking for something in particular when I ran across my birthday post to myself and it made me tear up a little bit (although I've been kind of emotional the last couple of days anyway :). I was going to actually repost it, but decided that if you want to read it, you can click on the link. Otherwise, I'll write some new sentiments that maybe will make me cry next year :)

Obviously, I love my birthday! :)I don't really know why, and everyone tells me that as I get older, it won't be as much fun to celebrate, but so far that hasn't happened. I think I like it because it's a fun day to anticipate. And I really do enjoy it because it gives me a chance to spend time with friends and family (but with a little control. Like, of course my team won the game at my party, because it's my birthday, so I can't lose!). But this morning I was thinking again about what God has done in my life, and I realized that while I love celebrating my birthday, I have so much more to celebrate. I celebrate two big dates in my life--my physical birthday and my spiritual birthday. They are both important. I obviously could not celebrate my spiritual birth if I hadn't first been physically born! But, to me, it would not be nearly as significant to celebrate my physical birth if I did not know that I would be spending eternity with God in Heaven, thus, the importance of celebrating my spiritual birth (which in January will be 14 years!). To me, they are both important days to remember and can kind of both be celebrated twice. So today, I am thanking God for physically making me a part of a great earthly family whom I love dearly. And I am thanking Him for making me part of a wonderful spiritual family, whom I also love dearly!

And now for the silly! It's the correct year for this quote from When Harry Met Sally. I love Meg Ryan and how animated she gets in movies, so I can totally picture this scene in my head, which makes me laugh even more. This is not meant to be a woe is me, I'm turning 32 (so don't think I'm trying to feel sorry for myself). It's meant to be just a funny quote that I thought of when I realized 40 is really 8 years away! :)
Sally: No, no, no, I drove him away. AND, I'm gonna be forty.
Harry: When?
Sally: Someday.
Harry: In eight years.
Sally: But it's there.

No comments: