Friday, September 23, 2011

Taking a break

I am taking a break from my cleaning frenzy because I want to :). But I don't need to. Because I have more to do. Why am I cleaning, you may ask?

1. It's been, ummm, a bit too long since the last time I cleaned. And by a bit too long, I really mean just a couple of days, right? If you may be detecting a bit of sarcasm, I really don't know what you're talking about.
2. I am getting bombarded by company tomorrow. My mom and two aunts are coming for an overnight visit. We're packing them in here at the apartment. I don't think Emily knows what she's getting herself into.
3. Because of said company. The particulars of the company. I mean, if Danell was coming to visit, I might clean my bathroom and straighten up a little. But when it is someone from the "older" generation in your family, you kind of have to go the extra mile. And when one of those people is your mother, who really likes to clean, well, enough said! :) I love my mom. And I'm not saying she would judge me. Well, if she would judge me, she wouldn't do it out loud and definitely not to my face. So, there really is no reason to worry, but I still feel the need to do some serious cleaning.
4. The company is a good excuse to get things done that I don't normally do. I really don't mind cleaning once I start, but there are other things I'd rather be doing most of the time.

Okay, that was probably enough of a break...off to dust and vacuum I go! And than to the grocery store. And than to a friend's house for some games and fun! See, there is fun at the end of the cleaning, I just have to get through it and stop procrastinating.

Oh, look, a butterfly...

No comments: