Friday, September 28, 2012

A.w.k.w.a.r.d

It's always awkward when I am home and the maintenance guys come to fix something in the apartment.  Do I talk to him?  Do I offer to fetch tools for him?  Do I pack up and leave?  Nope.  Instead, I paint my toenails.  And listen to Wicked on my computer (technically, it's on shuffle, but it felt a little awkward when Loathing came on).  :)  And check Facebook.  And blog about the maintenance man in my apartment.  Oh, and I give him  more work.  "By the way, when you're finished with that, can you clean the drain out of my bathroom sink?"  Yep.  Take advantage of him while he is here.  And feel slightly bad about it.  But it is technically why I live in an apartment instead of owning my own house.  And now I am going to read my book.

No comments: