Saturday, September 8, 2012

On getting older...

Sometimes I feel like an old fuddy-duddy!  I mean, I've always been a fuddy-duddy.  The party pooper.  I'm not very adventurous.  I'm kind of set in my ways.  I like things easy-going and slow paced.  For the most part, I'm okay with this.  But there are some things that I am not okay with as I get older.

A bunch of friends are on their way to Six Flags today.  I want to be with them so badly.  I LOVE roller coasters.  But as I get older, roller coasters do not like me. :(  After just a few I get really motion sick.  And the last time I went to a park, taking pills for motion sickness did not help.  Part of the problem is that I don't know I've ridden too many roller coasters until I've ridden too many.  And then it's too late.  And then I feel yucky the rest of the day.  And in Illinois, the closest Six Flags is about 2 1/2 hours away and then I'm carsick all the way home.  Like I said, getting old is no fun at all!

And then we have a singles' retreat coming up in October.  I want to go.  But the idea of getting no sleep all weekend stresses me out...even though it is still a month away.  Even if I could get to bed a decent hour,  I don't sleep well in my own bed, let alone in a cabin with a bunch of girls coming in and out.  I will probably still go, but I hate that I am hesitant to go based on sleep.  It makes me feel like a wimp.  And whiny.  And a party pooper fuddy-duddy!

And there are other things about getting old that I won't go in to.  I'm sure you're bored enough.  I don't want to bore you any longer!  I promise, sometimes I can be spontaneous!

No comments: