Monday, January 21, 2013

15 years of spiritual blessings

Today was my 15 year spiritual birthday.  It is amazing to think that I have been a believer for that long.  Five years ago, I had "birthday party" for my 10 year spiritual birthday.  You can read about that here.  So, because multiples of five are fun to celebrate, I decided to invite some friends over to celebrate my 15 year birthday as well.  Monday nights aren't always a good night for a get together, so many people couldn't come.  I invited ladies to my home who have been a spiritual influence in my life.  Because this day is not really about me, I asked everyone to bring a Scripture that is speaking to them now or has spoken to them in the past.  I also asked the ladies who could not come to send me those Scriptures so I could share them with the group.  It was such an enjoyable evening of learning how the Lord is working in other peoples' lives.  I praise God for spiritual friends who spur me on to walk closer with the Lord.  I can't wait to see where the Lord takes me in the next 15 years.

No comments: