Sunday, January 20, 2013

Taste Buds and chocolate milk

Really, I don't have much to say, but I wanted to get the picture off my disgusting refrigerator as the first thing I see when I pull up my blog, so I'm posting a non-story. :)

For the last ummm...a lot of years, I have drunk? drank? drinked? chocolate milk for breakfast.  Okay, I know how many years.  Well, I haven't done the math.  But it all started in 7th grade.  And it has continued.  You'd think I would be ashamed to admit it, but I'm not.  You'd think I would feel guilty when people lecture me, but I don't. :)

Not really the point, anyway.  Tonight, I didn't know what I wanted for dinner and chocolate milk just seemed easier than anything else.  I was thirsty and not too hungry, but I knew I needed something to eat before I went to small group.  So, now to the point...if anyone is still with me...chocolate milk has always tasted different at night than in the morning.  Do you think our taste buds change throughout the day? I drank it out of the same glass I usually drink it out of in the morning.  But it simply tastes different.  Anyone else have a similar experience with other foods?  Or am I just weird?

PS. For my question marks above, I googled.  I have drunk chocolate milk for the last umpteen years.  I drank chocolate milk for breakfast this morning.  Not drinked, which I obviously knew!

No comments: