Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blogcation or Blogblock

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't blogged much lately.  I don't really know why that is.  Nothing to say?  Other things going on?  No inspiration?  Writers block?  Who knows. 

However, I can't let January 1 go by without a blog post.  So here I am.  Blogging.  I haven't really thought what I might say.  I just read my posts from Jan 1, 2012 and Jan 1, 2011 to get inspiration.  I don't know if it worked.  Last year I made a list of "anothers" from 2011 because I realized that not much new had happened in my life.  As I read it, I realized that this year was much the same.  I have watched those around me change a lot.  Here are some of the changes that others have had:

1. Emily started a new job.
2.  Ann had a baby.
3.  Daynah graduated.
4.  2 coworkers left to start new jobs.
5.  Members of my small group moved to England.
6.  Daynah started college.

Although these things happened to other people, it is kind of amazing how much many of these things effected me. 

Here are some of my 2012 highlights/changes:
1. I moved to a new Sunday School class in January.  It was a big change for me, as I had been attending the Singles class for 6 years.  While I am still single, I decided it was time for a change.  The class I am in now is a multi-generational class and I have really enjoyed getting to know other people in the church through the class.
2.  I went on a canoe trip with my small group.  This is another area where I have been able to meet new people in the church and I continued with the same small group in the fall.  Plus, I shocked some people by getting into a canoe :)
3.  My second nephew was born at the end of January.  It is hard to believe he will be one at the end of this month!
4.  In April, I made a solo trip to Georgia to meet Michael and help Chris and Ann out.  It was fun to spend time with them for the week.
5.  Daynah came back to Illinois for her last semester of high school.  We had Tuesday night dinners while she was here.  It was good to have family in the same town as me again.
6.  In July, I did another family vacation to Florida.  It was fun to be with family and see how much John had changed since the last time we had been there.
7.  I continue to direct in AWANA, but this year I gained a codirector, which has been a huge blessing!
8.  I joined BSF in the fall.  We are studying the book of Genesis, which is one of my favorite books.  I have gotten to know others through this study, which has been fun as well.
9.  I started attending the Career Impact Bible study in the fall as well.  I had not attended in several years as I have been doing other studies.  We were able to tackle 1 and 2 Thessalonians in the fall and will study Hebrews this next semester.
10.  Although still at my job, I have seen many changes since the summer.  A complete overhaul of our program which has left us a little leary of what the future might bring (although with my job, I'm always a little leary, so it hasn't effected me all that much).  A move to a new building.  A couple of coworkers leaving. 
11.  My second Christmas in Arizona.  It was a great trip and I will hopefully do a post just on that trip soon.  I miss Dad, Amy, Daynah, and Josh and it was good to spend a week and a half with them. 
12.  Various trips to see family in Illinois.  Another get together of the girl cousins.  Sara, Todd, and Autumn came to visit me in Peoria in September.  The Pumpkin Festival in Sycamore in October.  Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family.
13.  Chickfila opened in Peoria! :)  I couldn't compile a highlights list without that.

That's all I can think of right now and I have to get ready for a day full of games at a friends house.  On Facebook, I saw an idea to start the year off with an empty jar and then fill it with good things that happen throughout the year.  I might have to try that--it would make my highlights list a whole lot easier to make on Jan 1, 2014!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: