Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Here is an excerpt from my baby book (I told you I'd get around to posting some things from the book!):
"Since we knew, Teresa, that you were going to be a little girl, daddy and I were very anxious for you to be born.  I don't think either of us could really describe the joy we felt when we first saw you.  Daddy and I got to touch you just a few minutes after you were born.  You were crying but when we touched and talked to you, you quieted down.  You were born at 2:05 in the afternoon and at 2:20 the nurse handed you to your very proud daddy.  We both are so thrilled with you it's going to be hard not to spoil you."

Dad, thank you for always thinking the world of me and for loving me!  I am so glad that I have never had to doubt your love.  Sometimes it has been hard because for much of my life, we have been long distance from each other, but it has never made me doubt your love and in some ways has probably made our relationship stronger.  I miss being able to pop by the house to see you, and playing games with you or watching TV.  Thank you for being willing to be a dad to boys who don't have a good role model in their lives.  Thank you for all the times you help "fix" things, even from Arizona!  I'm glad to know you're just a phone call away or a 3 1/2 hour plane ride.  I love you!

No comments: