Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The memory...it just keeps going

Yesterday, after a 3 1/2 hour poke-my-eyes out, shoot-me-now mandatory training, where I learned (I use that term extremely loosely because I couldn't see the screen where they were showing us how to do everything and I learn better when I am hands-on doing something so I will have to relearn everything anyway) the new paperless system that we will be going to in July at work, I had to fill out a form for my electronic signature.  For some reason, they ask for your home address.  Without any hesitation whatsoever, I began by writing 470.  As soon as I wrote it, I stopped and new it wasn't correct, but it took a few seconds of my liquefied brain to figure out that I had just started to write my Georgia address.  The same address that I haven't lived at for 10 years.  When I scratched it out, I just stared at the blank trying to figure out what my correct address is.  I finally gave up after tossing some random numbers out into thin air.  I got my checkbook out of my purse and consulted my checks for the address that I have been living at for almost 6 years.  And then I called it a day and went home :).

No comments: