Saturday, February 22, 2014

Road Trip/ Phantom of the Opera

Yesterday, I trekked to Chicago with some amazing people to see an amazing Broadway show!

Above is a really poor picture of the van load of us!  Kari, me, Ash, Susan, Jordan, Emily, and Joanna piled into a borrowed van to head to Chicago.  It was a beautiful and sunny day with no snow!  We ate at the Grand Lux.  I wanted a little of just about everything on the menu!  I never got around to taking a picture of the restaurant, but it was beautiful.  I would recommend it to anyone visiting the city.  My cousin Michele met us in the city for dinner and the show.
Michele and I waited for the group outside the theater.  After dinner, the two of us took a taxi (a new Chicago experience for me) while the others drove the van to a parking deck closer to the theater. Michele informed me that she does not like people wearing masks.  But she knew going into the evening that the phantom wore a mask. :)
I
I took a picture of a mom with her two daughters, so they reciprocated by taking a picture for us.
This was also Susan's first time seeing a Broadway show.  So, of course, we had to take a picture.
Phantom was at the Cadillac Theater.  It is a truly amazing, beautiful theater.  This picture does not even begin to do it justice.  If we weren't busy getting to our seats and waiting in line for the bathroom, I would have taken lots more pictures of the theater.
The stage while we were waiting.  We had really good balcony seats.  Only one row in front of us.  The music was amazing live.  I just sat with my eyes closed several times soaking it in.  But then I wanted to look at everything too, so I'd pop them right back open. :)

No comments: