Sunday, December 20, 2009

Scripture Sunday (since I missed Scripture Saturday!)

As many of you know, I have been committed for awhile, to spending at least 30 minutes with God (in prayer and study) before I can get on the Internet. Most days, that time is spent in the morning before I really start my day. It helps to get me focused and start my day off right. Sundays are often the exception (mostly because I just want to sleep in a little bit). However, the last month, I have consistently woken up 30-40 minutes before my alarm clock (do you think God is trying to tell me something?!). So, this morning I was reading in Romans. I am currently reading through the New Testament. However, I am learning that Romans is a LITTLE deep for the morning (sometimes I am not fully awake and alert to really dig in and study). So, this evening I had the opportunity to again read through the couple of chapters I read this morning. I cannot begin to summarize the depth of information found in chapters 5 and 6 of Romans. Let's just say, I am so thankful to serve a God that I can find and place my hope in. I am thankful that, if I have to be a slave to something (and we all are), I can be a slave to righteousness that leads to LIFE EVERLASTING!

This week I am going to memorize Romans 5:5: And hope does not disappoint us, ,because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

No comments: