Thursday, December 3, 2009

See! That wasn't so bad!

Thanks to everyone who posted comments on my blog yesterday. But really...do I only get comments when I beg you to post them?!

It's Community Christmas time at Bethany! That means practice, practice, and more practice! But not for me. I don't sing, at least not on stage for all to hear. :) Every year, Pastor Fred tries to get me to join Christmas Choir. Every year I tell him, "Fred, if everyone joined choir, there would be no one to sit in the audience and listen." That has never been a good enough excuse for him. But today I realized a more important role that I have. This is the second year I have babysat for the same family the two nights before the performance. Dress rehearsal starts tonight which means that Helen is practicing and Mike is helping with sound. If I were in the choir, who would watch Isaac and Anna? The funny thing is, Helen knows how hard it is to find a babysitter for these few nights, so she already called dibs on me for next year! See, I do serve a purpose during this time of year! I wonder if Pastor Fred will think it's a good enough excuse...

2 comments:

Mom said...

I don't know if you should say an excuse. How about calling it your contribution. You have a good heart my daughter! Love you

Danell said...

Here's my comment since you left one on my blog:) You should come babysit for us! Ken wants to go see Avatar:D