Saturday, June 12, 2010

And that's how it's supposed to work...

I got to the airport at 6:20 am, checked my bag, went through security, and got to the gate by 6:35. We boarded at 7:10. We landed in Dallas 10 minutes early. Danell and I left the airport by 10:00.

I laughed when I realized that it was Saturday and all of this had happened before I would normally be out of bed and showered on a Saturday morning! That's a slight exaggeration, but not much of one!

Because I flew in this morning instead of yesterday, I was also able to stop by LifeWay to see Stephanie. That was fun and unexpected. I think she is only one of three people that are still working there from when I worked there 4 1/2 years ago, so she was the only one I got to see, but it was still fun.

Then we had an early lunch at Wingstop. Funny conversation. We were leaving the airport and discussing lunch options. Danell said, "what sounds good to you? We can do whatever you want to do." And I, of course, said, "Chick-fil-a or Chipotle sound good." Slight pause and then Danell says, "How about Wingstop?" I laughed and said, "Or Wingstop!" Wingstop has fond memories for us because Danell and I had known each other for over 2 years (possibly closer to 3 years) and had eaten a bazillion meals together by that point when we realized for the first time that we both liked wings (which several of our friends didn't) and we could have been eating wings together for 2 years! Oh well, better late than never!

We got back to Danell's house before the twins woke up from their naps. So, when they woke up, they came running into the living room where I was sitting on the couch. Lucy stopped in the doorway, smiled really big at me and ran over to the couch, wanted to be picked up, and sat right in my lap. It was so cute. Clare sat a very safe distance away in her daddy's lap and frowned at me for at least an hour if I looked at her or talked to her. :) They are so cute. Both babbling a lot, but Clare is talking a lot more and will repeat most of what you say (sometimes you can understand her and sometimes you say flower and it sounds like she said supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! But it doesn't matter because she's cute when she does it!)

2 comments:

Mom said...

So glad you are having fun! Post some pictures!

Ann said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy your trip! :)