Thursday, June 17, 2010

OH NO!

I'm not sure I've ever posted four posts in one day. I guess that's what happens when you have no responsibility and are on vacation.!

Tonight, Clare said "Oh No" once and I repeated it in a high pitched tone. She then repeated it back to me in a high pitched tone. I then repeated it back to her in a high pitched tone. And she giggled. And she said "OH NO!" and I repeated it back. And she giggled longer. And she said "OH NO!" and I repeated it back to her. And she giggled harder and longer. :) And...oh, you get the idea?! We played this game twice...once before dinner and once after dinner. Both times she thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I think my throat hurts from all the high pitchedness. Or from all the laughing-so-hard-you-start-crying-and-just-looking-at-the-other-person-makes-you-laugh-harder that happened between Danell and I! We drove Ken into the bedroom. He said it was because he wanted to lay under the fan to cool off, but I think that was just his polite way of exiting. I don't blame him. I would have left too. It's hard to believe I leave tomorrow. But more exciting things will happen before I go. I still have one more morning with Danell and the girls. Once we put the girls down for their naps, we will head up to Fort Worth where I am going to get to see the family that I nannied for. They have five boys now, one I've only met once and one I've never met. The oldest that I nannied for is 8 1/2! I can't wrap my mind around that. Sometimes I can delude myself into thinking I left Texas last year, but apparently it has been 4 1/2 years! Then it's off to the airport. I think Lisa is going to meet me there and wait with me while I wait on my plane (she works for the airline, so she can come back to the gate).

I didn't want to leave you without a picture, so here is one for you to say, "Am I really looking at what I think I'm looking at?"...
Danell does not live in the ghetto, nor is she a redneck. I promise. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Have a safe trip home. Have fun seeing Sarah, Chris and the boys. Can't wait to hear all about it!