Monday, January 31, 2011

All things puzzles

My roommate informed me recently that I am a puzzle expert. That I have mad puzzle skills. That if it were a marketable skill, I would be very marketable. That if it were an Olympic sport, I would be the Puzzle Champion of the World, Gold Medal, Record holder. Okay, maybe those weren't her exact words, but she did say she is very impressed with my puzzle doing skills.

Honestly, I think it is because I am a detail oriented person. So, I can look at a piece of a puzzle and find the tiny bit of red that might match it to a woman's hat.

However, I am finding doing puzzles a little frustrating lately. Because, no matter your skills, it's never fun to get to the end of a puzzle where you just have sky, grass, and trees left. All the fun parts have been accomplished already. I wish it was possible to put the boring parts together first. Okay, officially, anything is possible. But that wouldn't make that part any more fun for me because than all the fun parts of the puzzle would be sitting there waiting for me. But I guess it makes the puzzle more challenging toward the end.

By the way, just in case you were wondering, Puzzle Completion would be a winter sport, not a summer sport, because puzzles are most often completed in the winter when you can't be outside to do anything else. :)

Well, back to my happy puzzling while I watch the snow fall and wait for Emily to stop being responsible so we can watch some mindless TV! :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

well at least if you get snowed in, you have a roomate. I have the wall to stare at...

Ann said...

You taught John everything he knows about puzzles. :)