Okay, so let me start by saying how blessed I have been this summer with nice, cool weather. No complaints at all. If I could have 70 degrees for 6 months out of the year, I would gladly take it. Low 60s at night. Excellent. I have loved most days about this summer.
But now, I have just a few complaints about this week's hot weather, because it's my blog. And I can.
1. Having a job where you are in and out of the office all day long is only good during moderate temperatures. It makes me hot and cranky to constantly be going from air to heat to air to heat.
2. Hot weather makes me nauseous the second I walk into it.
3. Even the sun is too much. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I just want a few days of overcast skies. I had a migraine a couple of weeks ago, and since then, I feel like I have been more light sensitive. I feel like I need double sunglasses to feel comfortable outside in that much light.
4. I don't like when I don't feel like I can breathe.
5. My car does not like to get-up-and-go when the air conditioning is running full blast. I often have to turn the air off to get up a hill.
That's all. Now back to the blessings. Air conditioning. A summer of mostly great temperatures. Sunglasses. An air conditioned car. See--not really much complaint out of me at all. It was just REALLY hot today.
Five-week virtual Bible study—no homework!
1 week ago