Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Further verification of SAD

So, here is my theory about SAD in action. Saturday it snowed. All day. I was okay with that. I have long ago figured out that I am okay with cloudy days as long as they have a purpose. ie: snow or rain. But cloudy days for the sake of cloudiness make my mood plummit. I was excited about the snow Saturday. I was even more excited to wake up on Sunday to sunshine on the pretty white snow. I went to church with a smile on my face (okay, that might be an exaggeration. I was not happy to have to go early for a meeting, but the sunshine did make me smile). When I left church for lunch, I began making all these plans for what I needed to do that afternoon before heading back to church. The sun had energized me to the point that I felt ready to tackle the world's problems (or at least my insurmountable to-do list). Well after, lunch, as I was heading home I realized I was heading straight into a bunch of gray clouds. Sigh. My energized mood almost instantly evaporated. I pulled into the driveway and there was no longer any evidence that the sun had been shining. Remember the insurmountable to-do list I was so ready to tackle? Yeah, neither did I. I took a nap because all of a sudden I was extremely tired and not motivated to do anything. But then my workweek started with sunshine and it was the best day of work I've had in a while. That might have to do with all the non-work stuff I did. Like play with a coworkers baby. Or watch kids drop off presents for our clients. Or talk about my weekend with coworkers. But that happens even on a gloomy day. I really feel like it simply had to do with the sun shining. It's the weirdest effect, but I don't think it completely mental. Anyway, I promise I won't bore you with any more stories about how the lack of sunshine effects me!

In more exciting news, Daniel and Whitney found out they are out of PGN and will be able to bring Ellie home in about a month! I am so excited for them and can't wait to be able to see Ellie again. It seems like so long ago since we saw her in Guatemala. She has grown so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa!! Don't be SAD! I'll send you some sunshine from FL this weekend in the mail....we've had a lot of gloominess here in TX too....today a little brightness. I hope you get a sunny day soon! Miss you!!