Thursday, December 13, 2007

SAD

So, I realized last year that I must have a mild version of SAD--seasonal affective disorder. It is a disorder that effects people in the winter months because of lack of contact with light/sun. On the yucky, gloomy days of winter I don't function as well as I do on the sunny days. Today I saw a brief 30 minutes of somewhat-sunshine. It is unbelievable how much that boosts my mood. It is on the gloomy days of winter in Illinois that I miss Texas the most. There is a lot more sunshine in Texas throughout the winter. But then I don't get the snow. What's a girl to do?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too?!? Every year I feel like I suffer from SAD (I didn't know that was what it is called). I love the sun and daylight and i really do usually notice a change in my mood and outlook in the winter. But so far this year it hasn't bothered me. Hopefully i won't be affected this winter. My mood seems to be pretty happy lately:) But I do praise God for the sun and light! What a glorious thing he created that warms me inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Yep, with all the rain and gloom on Tuesday, I caught the tail end of the weather forcast. It showed Atlanta at 75 degrees and I thought---what am I doing here? It will be spring before we know it!!

Ashley said...

jerelyn I am pretty sure your mood right now has nothing to do with the sun! ha. I am so happy for you and teresa!