Monday, October 20, 2008

Accusations and Lies!

I have had several people inform me that I follow people too closely. I would love to say they are crazy and they don't know what they are talking about, but I have become more aware of the problem and am trying to change.

The first step was to find out the official rule on following other vehicles. Here is the law according to the state of Illinois: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/rules_of_the_road/rr_chap11.html#vehicle_following_distances
So, this law is the 4 second rule, which applies in Illinois. But others suggest 2 seconds, and still others suggest 3 seconds. No matter what it is, I don't think I am following the law. It is a work in progress. As I told Emily the story she agreed with me on two things:

I can't help it if everyone else is going slower than I want to go.

And, lately I am always in a hurry and/or running late to get somewhere.

No comments: