Monday, October 27, 2008

HSM3 Part 2

I realized that I had not shared the story about how I got roped into, I mean was asked, to go to High School Musical 3. Here is the elaborate schemes of a 10 year old.

Sunday, October 12. I receive a message from Josh asking to call him back. I return the call quickly because Josh generally does not call me. He says, "Teresa, were you going to go see HSM3?" To which I reply, "Did you want to go see HSM3?" (without giving away the answer in my head, "No, I had no intention of going to see HSM3"). Josh, "Yeeeaaaaahhh." Me, "Did you want me to take you to see HSM3?". Josh, "Yeaaaahhhh." Me, "I think that I could do that. But I have a really busy couple of weekends coming up, so we might not be able to go see it right away." Josh, "Okay." And we hang up.

Now, as a side note, I'm pretty sure the conversation at home had gone like this. "Mom, can we go see HSM3?" Mom, "Go ask your dad." Josh, "Dad, can we go see HSM3?" Dad, "You should call your sister." My stepmom wouldn't even sit at home while we watched HSM2, so I know she wouldn't willingly sit through the movie with her son. But she knew I wasn't quite so heartless.

Tuesday, Oct 14 in the evening. I get a phone call and caller ID says Dad. I answer. It's Josh. He says, "Teresa, I was just calling to let you know that HSM3 comes out on October 24." Me, "Okay Josh, but remember I told you on Sunday that I'm not sure when we are going to get to go see it." Josh, "I know, but I wanted you to know when it was coming out."

Sunday, October 19. I receive another message from Josh, "Teresa, I was just calling to see when we are going to be able to see HSM3. Don't forget it comes out on Friday." I did not call him back.

Wednesday, October 22, 7:58am. Another missed call that caller ID identifies as Dad. My heartbeat skips because I don't generally receive calls from my dad early in the morning so I immediately think that something is wrong. I quickly dial voicemail only to hear Josh's voice. "Teresa, some people are going to see HSM3 this Friday and I was just wondering when we were going to go." All said in a rather pathetic voice. At this moment I realize that I am not going to get away with going to HSM3 any later than this weekend. I call Dad to let him know that I will be able to take Josh sometime on Saturday but am not sure what time! And that is how I came to be sitting in a theater opening weekend for the movie. Did you really want to know all that? Probably not. Did I enjoy telling you anyway? Definitely.

Oh, I almost forgot. On the way to the theater, Josh asked me if it was just going to be the two of us at the movie or if I was meeting any of my friends there. I still did not have the heart to tell him that the only reason I was going was because of him and that none of my friends would willingly go to see the movie! I am such a good sister!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best sister in the whole world! Very nice of you to take your brother out. Nothing like "bonding" time with a sibling!
I love you!!!

Ashley said...

I have yet to see any of the High School movies. I keep thinking, "that would be a nice wholesome movie I could watch that probably wouldn't offend me." but then I end up just not renting anything because I am pretty sure Andrew would not sit through it. I need to rent it on a weekend toward the end of the semester when he is busy with research papers.