Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cool weather, good. Winter coat, bad.

I love winter. I love a brisk morning. I love the smell of snow in the air. I love wearing sweaters and sweatshirts. I love wearing clicky boots (or what my brother so fondly calls hooker boots). I love bundling under blankets at night.

I do not love wearing winter coats. I know that it comes with the territory. Winter weather equals wearing a winter coat. But I don't like how I feel confined in the car. And how my purse no longer fits on my shoulder. And how I have to remember that I hung it in the hallway at church. And how it makes me hot in a store but its too cold outside not to wear it into the store.

All of this to say, I broke down and faced the first of many days wearing one of my winter coats. Granted, it was the lighter weight of the winter coats, but still, it was a winter coat.

But on the upside, it was cold enough to wear a winter coat this morning! : ) I love cooler weather!

Are you seeing my dilemma? To summarize, Cool weather=HOORAY! Winter coat=BOO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I know! I turned on the heat for the 1st time yesterday. Now it is being confined until spring!!! You take after your mom, love the sweatshirts and cuddling under a blanket.
I do love to hear the leaves skipping across parking lots and sidewalks also~~~

Ashley said...

I agree Teresa!

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing ya! I have most of my summer clothes in a pile to put away. I'm just not ready for the hats and gloves and scarves... and having to scrape my car or even defrost my car. BUT praise the Lord for those things and the ability to scrape my car (and that I have a car in general). :)

Anonymous said...

I don't mind winter coats so there! Ha! Maybe because I never owned one until the year 2000. They're still a bit novel to me I guess. And of course TX winter is not quite as bad. Remember our Valetine's Day snow day? :)

Lisa