Monday, February 7, 2011

Musical?

I am not a musical person in that I can sing well or know how to read music or have a wide-range of musical tastes, but I do love to listen to music. I don't like silence, so I often have music playing in my apartment or in my car. I keep my iPod with me so that I can listen to it at work.

I've blogged before about how songs remind me of people and places. I realized today when I had iTunes on shuffle, that my memory for music is interesting. Can you think of CDs that you wore out? You had all the words to every song memorized? I had that come up today because a song from one of those CDs was playing and, as it ended, I immediately started singing the next song on the CD. Only I wasn't listening to the CD, I had my songs on shuffle, so a different artist started singing. But this happens to me often with music I know well and have listened to a lot. Sometimes it makes me want to turn off shuffle and find the next song as I feel it should be played! :) Just random thoughts on this Monday evening...

No comments: