Tuesday, February 22, 2011

sometimes I even scare myself!

My mind is often a jumbled mess. Even when I sleep. :) I have been really encouraged to have not caught any of the sickness that is going around. I've threatened to hide under a rock until it is all over. Yesterday I woke up with a scratchy throat and a slightly stuffy nose. I groaned. I expected it to turn into a full blown cold by the afternoon, but it didn't. I expected to wake up this morning with something worse, but I didn't. I did wake up in the middle of the night with some stomach pains and the chills. I thought for sure I was getting the stomach flu. I laid very still in bed and kept repeating "I am not going to be sick. I am not going to be sick." I refused to get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I know what you're thinking. As if laying really still and pretending not to be sick would actually work. But I fell asleep without anything happening. For the rest of the night I had random dreams about telling people I was starting to get the flu and them ostracizing me and telling me to go away. Intermixed with a tornado by my work building. Intermixed with a bunch of people hanging out in the building to get away from the tornado. Intermixed with walking into a room that had LOTS AND LOTS of puppies and kittens and I think a few rabbits. Honestly, I don't know where my brain comes up with these dreams! But, the good news is, I have not gotten any sicker today than I was yesterday. I keep telling myself it has to do with the change in weather. Of all weeks to get sick, this would be a bad one. I am heading to Chicago this weekend to see Les Miserables with a group of friends. We bought tickets in November, so I will be really bummed if I don't get to fully enjoy the show because of sickness. Maybe if I lay really still until then, nothing will happen...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hope you don't get sick but if you find laying real still works, I might try that! Have a great time on Saturday! Stay well, I Love You!

Ann said...

I am a firm believer in wellness through denial! lol Glad to hear you are doing ok. Enjoy the play! :)