Monday, February 28, 2011

Adieu to February!

I am thankful that February is almost over. It has been a disastrous month at work. Just about every day I would go into my supervisor's office and say one of two things:

"Can I just take a vacation until March?"
"Can I have a do-over for February?"

The meaning was the same either way. Even if I was working, it seemed almost counter-productive. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but not by much. It was a really bad month of billable hours. Blizzards. Flu. Children being removed. Kids visiting family. Flu.

Amazingly enough, I never got sick. I kept waiting for it. It was like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

All I can say is, "March, you better be good to me!"

And now I shall break out into singing "So Long, Farewell"... "I flit, I float, I flee flee flee, I fly..."

3 comments:

Erika said...

Teresa---
I went into work today with my principal saying, "I really want March over with, and it hasn't even started". What is with that.
It's been a month with flu, sick kids, strep, flu, and work disappointments all around.
I waited to get the flu like every week, but never got anything, thank the Lord.
I feel the same way about March, be good to me.

Ann said...

13 days until Daylight Saving and 20 days until Spring!

Mom said...

I am happy February is over too! for such a short month, it seems like it takes forever to get over with! I am excited for daylight savings time. Also heard on the weather report this a.m. that sometimes we can reach 70 degrees in March!!!!