Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boy does this bring back great childhood memories!

I walked outside to take the trash to the dumpster (not the positive childhood memory), I noticed some lightning bugs. On the way back to the apartment door, I decided to try to catch a lightning bug. Then I went to get the camera :)
One summer when I was a kid, I spent a few weeks at my grandma's house when my cousin (who lived in California at the time) was also staying. One day, Michele and I spent the whole day writing a play. I think it was called The Lightning Bug News. I don't think we ever performed it, but we sure did have fun creating it.

PS, I forgot the smell lightning bugs leave on your hand if you keep them there long enough. As an adult, I question this smell much more than I did as a child...

No comments: