Saturday, June 11, 2011

Scripture Saturday

I love spending time in the Word on Saturday mornings. It has a different feel than on weekdays. First of all, I am normally more awake. Second, I often have no time frame for which I have to be done, so I don't have to watch the clock constantly. It allows me to focus more on what I'm reading/studying and less on what I have to do next. This, in turn, allows me to be able to feel like I am communing with God in a different way. I can also take more focused time to pray.

My pastor just started a new sermon series on 1 Peter. He has started putting out study questions for the congregation to study the passage he will preach on the next week. Today, I was working my way through verses 1-5 of the first chapter. Some of his questions, honestly, I almost skipped over. But I am so glad I didn't, because those are the ones that really got me thinking and looking through other passages to find a good answer.

"What does it mean to be born again?"
"How would you describe a "living hope" to a ten year old?"

I am so glad that my faith is living and active! It is not a dead faith. It is an eternal faith. Verses 3-4 have such descriptive words for this living faith--new birth into a living hope, resurrection of Jesus Christ, an inheritance that will never spoil, perish, or fade. It makes me so excited, knowing that I have an eternity to worship God!

No comments: