Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Birthday Conundrum

This is how the conversation went down on Saturday:
Me: So, I see a dilemma with watching the last few episodes of season five of NCIS tonight.
Emily: Okay...
Me: I am 99% sure that I will be getting season 6 for my birthday. My mom will probably send the package early...
Emily (finishing my sentence for me and with much exclamation!): But you have rules about your birthday!
Me: I know. That's the dilemma!
Emily: But we can't break the rule. Even for NCIS!
Me: I know (in a very defeated voice).

Now, I shared this conversation with my mother. And she gave me permission to break the rule. Oh, for those of you who don't know the rule is that wrapped presents sit in plain sight until my actual birthday, even if they are sent a week ahead of time. But I might be with Emily on this one. So, I think tonight I might suggest watching a few episodes of JAG to get us through this week in one piece!

No comments: