Thursday, August 25, 2011

We are not ashamed!

Emily and I are most definitely not ashamed that our kitchen looked like this last night and we went to bed anyway. We're not ashamed that we've both had extremely busy weeks. Obviously not busy enough that we didn't have time to eat :), but busy enough that we didn't have time to do the dishes. So, tonight I came home armed for battle!
An empty dish drainer, a towel (I actually had to add another one during dish washing) and my "favorites" playlist on iTunes.
And 30 minutes later...dishes done and trash taken out. (Some of you might be wondering why all the dishes are stacked above the dishwasher. Several years ago we learned that you just have to clean the dishes again once they come out of the dishwasher, so we stopped using it.)
And a spotless counter!

We are not ashamed because we don't let this happen very often. And this blog is supposed to show true life, not some mystical want-to-be life! And it was actually Emily's suggestion that it get blogged about. Except we weren't sure what my mom would say. But I figured, whatever she might think, she would not say out loud! :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Thank you for making me feel better about my (lack of) house cleaning recently! lol There are more important things in life than a clean kitchen! :)

PS I giggled when I saw this but then thought, what will Cindy think? lol

Mom said...

All I can say is YIKES! But good job on the clean up! :)