Monday, October 10, 2011

Another client story

I opened a new client last week and met with her individually for the first time today. She is fourteen. I was gathering all kinds of information for my assessment. Here is the conversation that made me say, "Okay then..." (in my head, not out loud!)

Me: What is your mother's main form of discipline?
Her: Taking me cell phone away.
Me: Before you had a cell phone, what would she do?
Her: I've always had a cell phone. Well, since I was about 6, so I don't remember.
Me: Oh...

And than I went on to the next question! Did anyone else catch that? 6? Really? Did I even know how to dial a phone when I was 6? Who would I have called? Well, maybe China accidentally, but no one on purpose!

Oy with the poodles already! (A Gilmore Girl expression of dismay!)

1 comment:

Ann said...

6?! I think I was about 26 when I got my first cell phone. I hope John is not expecting one in 2 years...