Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day Two

One of the reasons I wanted to come to Arizona was to see how a typical week for Dad and Amy goes. I picked a typically crazy week, apparently :). The younger kids are on early release all week for parent-teacher conferences. There are several doctor's appointments and general running kids to and fro. I was able to meet the four kids that I haven't been able to meet in the past because they have moved in since I visited last. They currently have 8 boys living with them. I rode along this morning while Amy took one of the younger boys to the doctor, then we took him to school. I had lunch with Dad and Daynah and watched Gilmore Girls with Daynah and Judging Amy with Amy. Then I rode with Amy to pick up Brandon from school and hung out until dinner time. After dinner I played Ticket to Ride with Daynah and Emerson. Then I taught Douglas (who apparently loves to talk and will talk to just about anyone. Daynah said she'll be glad for a break this week while he talks my ear off!) how to play Skip-bo and then Cru joined us for a game as well. That about sums up the day, not counting some other odds and ends stuff that I did, but I don't want to completely overwhelm you with details.

And, even though no one in Illinois wants to hear this, it was 97 degrees today. I don't care what anyone says, 97 is hot, dry heat or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm kind of glad I missed the 45 with wind and rain that I heard you guys had today. But I don't think 97 is a good alternative either. Just sayin'. :) I was going to get some pictures up today, but never got around to it. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: