Wednesday, April 11, 2012

All things cars

Cars are not a favorite subject of mine because I could care less as long as mine goes, but every once in a while you just have to talk about major milestones (like the first steps of a baby).

Today my car rolled over that 100,000 mark. That's lots of zeroes. It's not really an exciting milestone because it means that it's getting up there in mileage and will probably mean I'm going to have to put more work into it. And it's only a few months over 5 years. But it's still fun to watch it roll past those numbers. Actually 99,999 was pretty fun to watch too.

And just to keep talking about cars...I think I've said this before, but I really believe there is a huge unseen magnet on the I-74 bridge that causes all cars except me to want to go WAY under the speed limit. It is a highway. The speed limit is 55. It is not uncommon for people to go 35 or 40 on that bridge. So irritating. But I try to be patient and not yell at them. And I try not to fly past them the first chance I get. But I might urge them to "resist the magnet."

No comments: