Friday, April 6, 2012

Reflections

I have been reading all week about Christ's triumphal entry and the events leading up to His death on the cross. I have been struck that, although He knew what the end of the week held, He did not lose focus or stop His work. He continued to preach and teach. He continued to minister to those He came into contact with. He continued to teach His disciples. He continued to challenge the teachers of the Law. He continued resolutely to the cross. What a mighty God we serve.

Today I was struck again by these passages in 1 Corinthians 15:14-20 (emphasis added):
"And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead...And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins...If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. BUT CHRIST HAS INDEED BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD."

I am looking forward to the Good Friday service at church tonight. It is a baptism service and I can't wait to hear testimony after testimony of changed lives through Christ! Changed lives because He did not remain dead, but was raised again on the third day. That He bore our sin on the cross and suffered death only to conquer that death three days later. Because of that, we do not have to still be in our sins. Because I have accepted Christ as Savior, I have hope in Christ and I have the promise that He has cleansed me from my sin and that I will live for eternity with Him.

I have also been listening to this song for the past couple of days and cannot get enough of it (although I should probably wait to post it until Sunday!)

See, What a Morning by Keith and Kristyn Getty:

See, what a morning, gloriously bright,
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem;
Folded the grave-clothes, tomb filled with light,
As the angels announce, "Christ is risen!"
See God's salvation plan,
Wrought in love, borne in pain, paid in sacrifice,
Fulfilled in Christ, the Man,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

See Mary weeping, "Where is He laid?"
As in sorrow she turns from the empty tomb;
Hears a voice speaking, calling her name;
It's the Master, the Lord raised to life again!
This voice that spans the years,
Speaking life, stirring hope, bringing peace to us,
Will sound till He appears,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

One with the Father, Ancient of Days,
Through the Spirit who clothes faith with certainty.
Honor and blessing, glory and praise
To the King crowned with pow'r and authority!
And we are raised with Him,
Death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered;
And we shall reign with Him,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

It's probably a good thing I am home alone because I keep singing it at full volume! :)

No comments: