Saturday, May 7, 2011

The end of the AWANA year

I cannot believe the AWANA year is over! But it is. We had our awards night on Wednesday. It was a great year. Sometimes a bit chaotic, especially at the beginning of the year. I was able to climb over some obstacles. First year as director. First full year in the new building. A gazillion very confusing changes for all the girls. A new commander.

But even with the chaos it was a good year. It was good to see how things started settling into a routine. It is fun to see the girls growing and maturing as they say their verses and get so excited to get new badges. I have an excellent group of girls that I lead. And they make the job easy for me.

It is always sad to see the year end because it means I have to say goodbye to the sixth graders who will be heading to youth group next year. But it also means I will get to say hello to a new group of third graders next year. And that is always fun because they bring a great sense of enthusiasm and excitement with them.

People have been asking me for a while if I will be director again next year. I just laugh every time and say "What else would I do." Some of the time I miss directly leading a small group of girls, but for the most part I enjoy what I do as director and I get to know more of the girls and their parents this way.

So, now what should I do with my Wednesday evenings for the next four months? :)

No comments: