Sunday, May 1, 2011

Playing Nice

Our church did a new pictorial directory this year. I have always said I would not get my picture taken for a directory until I was married. I think it's depressing to have my picture taken alone. I feel like it screams, "Look at her! She's single!" But I decided to put on my big girl panties be an adult and play nice and cooperate with the nice people who were encouraging me to get my picture taken. The directories came in today and here is my picture: The ironic thing is that I really like the picture :). But it begs the question, what do you do with your free 8x10 as a single person? Emily and I have joked about hanging our pictures in the hallway. But as of right now it's just sitting in a drawer in my bedroom.

Ironically, Stuff Christians Like just did a blog post on church directories that was pretty funny. One of the things suggested was doing a back of the head photo so you can recognize the people who sit in front of you at church!
p.s. I'm not sure I was supposed to take a picture of my picture and post it on the Internet :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

It's a beautiful picture! You can give it to your mom as a gift. :)

Erika said...

yours sure turned out better than mine, and I almost got out of the picture directory, till I got the nice long lecture of doing it.

Ann said...

Great pic! Then again, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of you where you didn't look perfect. You are so photogenic!