Sunday, May 29, 2011

The art of making cupcakes

Besides anything with apples and cinnamon, cupcakes are my very favorite dessert. So much better than cake, although I don't know why. But here are some things I have found to be true of myself as I was making cupcakes today:

1. I recently read somewhere that an ice cream scoop is good for filling cupcake holders. So I tried it and it was a lot less stressful and easier to know that I was getting the same amount every time.

2. It never occurs to me to get out the spatula/scraper to scrape the bowl in order to make more cupcakes or fill a cup further. I only think to get the spatula out when I am ready to lick the bowl. Than I use it to get every last bite of batter!

3. You have to have a good cupcake carrier. I love cupcakes but they are not the easiest thing to transport. Luckily, my mom is great, and got me a double-decker carrier for Christmas a couple of years ago that will carry up to 24 cupcakes. Just remember, you still have to be careful when you carry the container, because it does not make the cupcakes indestructible!

I think 3 makes a good list, because I all of a sudden can't think of what else I was going to say! :)

No comments: