Friday, January 20, 2012

You have to start somewhere

Dr. Pepper. I love it. I hate it. But mostly I love it. I have cut way back on how much I am drinking. I really am facing the fact that I have gained a lot of weight in the last year and that if I continue what I'm doing (or not doing), I am just going to keep gaining. Everyone says you'd be amazed at how much weight you lose when you give up soda. So, in the last two weeks I have had two Dr. Peppers and one root beer. I've never been a big caffeine drinker. I don't like coffee and I can't drink caffeine after 3:00pm, so most of the time I only have one can of Dr. Pepper a day and not every day. So I have continued to say that I don't think this is going to make much of a difference, but I have to make changes somewhere, so it's a start.

And then I've added a little bit of exercise in. There is definitely nothing about exercise that I love, but I try and pretend to listen when people tell me all the wonderful benefits. The problem with exercise to lose weight is I don't have the time. I am not one of those people who can fit it in in the 45 minutes between A and B. I never will be. So, there are some weeks that I only have 1 day I can devote to it. I know this is never going to accomplish weight loss. So, my thought is, why bother at all. I'd rather be doing something else on that one day! :) But I'm trying, I honestly am. It's a work in progress. Enough said.

Oh, the original reason I was going to post something was to say this: I always think that when I go for a long time without a Dr. Pepper, it will be the best thing EVER when I finally have another one. But it usually is a little disappointing when I do have it. Just another Dr. Pepper. About 4 or 5 years ago I gave up Dr. Pepper for as part of a Bible study (and I think every other soda, too, but I can't remember). I think it was for a whole summer, about 3 months. That first Dr. Pepper I had was a poor, pathetic excuse for a Dr. Pepper. I was so disappointed. Maybe I don't even like the stuff anyway and I just drink it for the sake of drinking it! :) There are definitely days that I crave it. Mostly when I have something specific to eat that I ALWAYS have soda with, then I think the world is ending because I am trying to be disciplined.

Oh my goodness, have I ever rambled! Sorry about that. At this point, just for the sake of being honest, I'm avoiding buckling down to do paperwork. I have already missed my 2:00 deadline by 5 minutes...

No comments: