Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I can't be outdone with all these Valentine's Day posts on Facebook and blogs. But I don't really have anything Valentines-y to share. :) Not a stitch of pink anywhere in my vicinity :)

Really, Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. And not because I'm single. I just have never really cared one way or the other. I have a coworker whose birthday is today, and she says she hates it. She never gets to go out to eat for her birthday because restaurants are always crazy. Even when I was dating, I just kind of wanted to skip over the holiday. Really, if you want to show me you love me, why not two weeks before Valentine's Day when flowers are a lot cheaper and not everyone else is doing the same thing?

Today, I just happen to be wearing a red shirt :). Not planned, it's just one of my comfy shirts. Oh, and don't underestimate the power of a red eye! :) Very festive on this day. Random thought, but my shirt has paint splatters from Guatemala on it, from my mission trip a few years ago. Now that is love. Caring for orphans when they have no one else to care for them.

When I think of love, there are a lot of Scriptures that come to mind:
1. My favorite verse, 1 John 3:1: How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are!"
2. I'm memorizing 1 John right now, and one of my most recent verses is in chapter 2: "If anyone obeys his word, God's love is made complete in him."
3. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Just a few thoughts on my mind this morning.

No comments: