Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Birthday Schmirthday

I think I might have reached that age where my birthday is not exciting.  It's a little sad.  Today is one month until my birthday, and when I realized it, I don't think I even got a little jolt of excitement.  I'm sure everyone else might be glad of this.  Because it would mean no more countdowns starting 9 months before my birthday.  No more month long celebrations.  But for me it's a little sad.  I've always loved my birthday.  I'm hoping that I'm just having an off year.  Next year, that great relationship I have with my birthday will be back.  For some reason I just thought of the Gilmore Girls episode where Lorelai decides that she hates snow.  It was just a fleeting thing though.  By the end of the episode, Luke found a way for Lorelai to make up with snow.  So, maybe by the time my birthday comes, I'll be back to my old self.  In the meantime, everyone should enjoy the reprieve!

No comments: