Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Irony...it's so ironic!

There are a few things in my life right now that I think are ironic.  And by "life," I mean the last couple of weeks and I also don't mean "life" in the sense of profound, as you shall soon see.
When I eat food, for the most part, I don't like my foods to touch and I don't like to eat more than one thing at a time.  Now, by that I mean, in my mouth at the same time.  I am not one of those people who has to eat all the mashed potatoes then eat the corn then eat the carrots.  But I want to take a bite of mashed potatoes and eat it, take a bite of corn and eat it, and then take a bite of carrots and eat it.  The odd thing in this is that I don't mind when foods are supposed to be mixed, like in casseroles.  Or in things like Chex Mix.  But when I eat Chex Mix or trail mix, I want to eat one thing at a time.  I can't just grab a handful and shove it in.  I have to eat a peanut.  And then a raisin.  You get the idea.

The irony comes into this long story, when I realized that salad is an exception.  When I take a bite of salad, I want everything in the salad in one bite.  Still not ironic, until this next statement... I also learned that it is almost impossible to get everything in one bite.  All the good stuff falls to the bottom of the bowl and you get mostly lettuce by itself for most of your salad.  And then you end up with a bowl full of all the toppings at the bottom.  Now do you see the irony? :)

The other instance of irony has to do with finally feeling motivated to exercise and not being able to because of a foot injury.  I'm hoping it will clear up soon.  And I might still try to exercise tonight and see how it goes. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

I did not know this about you! After all these years! :)