Thursday, June 7, 2012

(Re)Learning to Walk

Warning: Those of you who do not like feet should not read this post!
For those of you who don't know, I've been treating a planters wart on the bottom of my foot since about February.  It's a stubborn little thing.  Well, I went to the doctor last Thursday and he scraped some of it and put some high concentration medicine on it.  Friday it hurt so bad that I couldn't put any pressure on it, which is a little hard considering it was on the bottom of my foot.  This is the first time it has hurt this bad, so I didn't know what to expect.  One week of not being able to walk on it, apparently.  So I master walking on my tip toe on my left foot with just a slight limp.  I was trying really hard not to draw any attention to myself while still trying to feel comfortable.  I was beginning to think that this was never going to get better, but I woke up this morning able to put full weight back on my foot.  Every once in a while I will catch it the wrong way and shoot some pain through my foot, but for the most part, I'm pain free.  However, I got so good at tiptoe walking that I had to retrain myself to walk normally on that foot.  So instead of concentrating on not putting pressure on my foot, I had to concentrate on now putting pressure on my foot.  It was kind of amusing to me.  And by the end of the day, I was able to walk without thinking, for the most part.  In two more weeks, we (and by "we," I mean my doctor) are going to try freezing the wart off.  I am hoping that this will work the first time, but he warned me that it might take two treatments.  Yuck! 

No comments: