Monday, May 12, 2014

Draft Day

A couple weeks ago, I went to see the movie Draft Day with a few friends.  I had no previous knowledge about draft day.  Well, that's not true.  I think my only other knowledge is from the end of The Blind Side. And I knew it existed.  But I like sports movies, so I enjoyed Draft Day.  And who wouldn't enjoy Kevin Costner in another sport movie?

Since then, I have amused myself by randomly looking up things about draft day over the last couple of weeks.  One of my coworkers joked with me at the beginning of last week about whether I was going to follow the draft this year.  I rolled my eyes at him, but every time something came across Facebook or my email news feed, I became vaguely interested.  So, I also learned that draft day is actually a three day event. And from the movie I learned that people actually tailgate the event.  How weird is that?!  And tonight I decided to look up the Bear's draft picks.  Emily amused me by letting me read them out loud to her. Granted, I won't retain this information.  But it has amused me that I have been entertained by it.

No comments: