Friday, May 30, 2014

Roommate Rivalry???

When Emily and I are home together and have time to do something together, we most often watch something on TV.  We enjoy watching things together and often watch through TV shows at the same time.  Meaning, if we are not both there to watch, it doesn't get watched until we are together.

Oh, and we like to eat.  So we do a lot of that (although not often in the apartment).  We don't cook for each other very often, but we go out and get food a lot.  Like tonight when we made a trip to Coneys.  It was my first night there this season, but I think Emily has already been. I took pictures last year of our first Coneys of the season.

Tonight I was reading a book and I all of a sudden exclaimed, "I want to do 3 things at the same time, but I can't!"  All perplexed-like.

Emily said, "Well...what three things do you want to do?"

And I said, "I want to read my book, but I also want to watch something.  And I want to play a game, too!"

Emily expressed that she could help with two of those things.   "Maybe we could watch an hour of something and then play a game for an hour."  We've been known to play games before, but we don't do it very often. We went through a Dominoes phase recently.  And many years ago, we would borrow a Wii for a week at a time so we could bowl.  And we've played Ticket to Ride once or twice.  It's odd really that we don't play more games together, because we both enjoy games.

So we watched an episode of NCIS: Los Angeles.  A throwback to season one, when Deeks was first introduced.

And then we played three games of Skip-Bo.  I won the first one (by only one card).  Emily won the second game (by a handful of cards).  And then we had to play a tie breaker.  And I won the third game (we won't mention by how much).  Emily didn't take the loss very well. :)  For those of you who don't know Emily, she is a very competitive person.  Me, not so much.  I have my moments. And I like to win, but I just don't really care if I lose, for the most part.  As Emily was getting ready for bed, she said, "We'll have to have a re-match soon."  And then she made a comment about how she would win next time.

And I said, "Maybe this is why we don't play games very often..."  I don't know if we could survive it! :)

No comments: