Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A "Friendly" Game of Ticket to Ride


So, I was playing Ticket to Ride with some friends the other night. Kevin was green and Kari was black. (The red and blue trains are irrelevant to the story, although the people who played with the colors are very important to me! I also don't think they read my blog, so they will never know they weren't mentioned and that the way I first worded that sentence implied that they were irrelevant, which, of course, they are not.). Back to the main purpose of the story...Notice the two green trains in the middle of the black trains. Kevin played these to complete a ticket, but also managed to block Kari in the process. Now notice the four black trains between the green trains. Kari played these trains simply to retaliate! Needless to say, it was a very interesting game of Ticket to Ride! I love hanging out with my friends!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooo needed those spaces. Kari did apologize later. Pffft, I ended up dead last in this game anyway. Kari's shenanigans had very little to do with it. Thanks for leaving that part out...

I was mentioned TWICE this time. This post is definitely going to take off, you'll see!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Soo, it turns out that the reason you left out the part about me being dead last was probably because it's not true...

I just got confirmation that it was Kari who finished dead last. I guess she got what she deserved. Ouch. :-) Just kidding Kari!

Look at that! Three comments and only one deleted. I told you this post would be rockin'!

Kari said...

I wish I had known that you were asking to actually CONFIRM that I was last instead of just rubbing it in! Then everyone wouldn't know that it was me who was dead last. (and it was a very distant dead last - rather pathetic actually.)

Kari said...

but it was really fun to block you just for the sake of blocking!

Andrew said...

who are the other 2? i'm dying to know who the other schemeres were?

Anonymous said...

I'm irrevelant? The blue trains are very relevant to the story. And the red train is very very relevant because the red train won the game!

Kelli

Teresa said...

Sorry Kelli, I didn't know if you wanted to be mentioned on my blog : ). As for the other person...his last name rhymes with the fifth month of the year.

stormhuse said...

Did you not invite me to play because I'm the Ticket to Ride master?

I bet that's why... I'm so good at that game...