Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekend Retreat

Here is a picture of me standing on a frozen pond. I'm not sure, but I think this might be a first.
Here is a picture of me with a friend. Notice the streak of gray in my hair. I'm not sure where it came from and don't feel like it is normally there, but it shocked me when I saw it on my camera. You'd think I was getting old or something.

Anyway...on to the retreat...It was wonderful and much needed. We went somewhere in Iowa to a Christian camp Friday night through Sunday morning. It was hotel style lodging which was nice since last year we slept in one big room with lots of bunks. Pastor Daniel gave up time with his newly united family to come and speak! He spoke on materialism and finances. It was a very enlightening topic, very challenging, and very applicable. We had free time on Saturday afternoon where people played broomball on the pond, climbed a rock climbing wall, and played volleyball. I spectated all of these things but did not participate in any of them except to take pictures! I think I got a total of about 9 hours of sleep. I didn't really expect to get sleep because I never do on a retreat, but it helped me realize that I'm not getting any younger! Okay, that doesn't do a very good job of summarizing my weekend, but I think it's the best I can do. Anyone else who went on the retreat can add comments as you wish.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for retreats! You have BEAUTIFUL hair T.

But..um..where's all the pictures of me? I'm starting to feel left out here. First you leave me off of your 100 facts, and now this. Perhaps you would get a surge of comments if you put a little more Kevin in there ;-) I'm not saying they'll be good comments but hey...

Teresa said...

Kevin, if you want more pictures, you have to be willing for any picture, and I do believe you vetoed my choice, so then I couldn't put any...

welcome back, I was beginning to think you weren't reading my blog anymore...

Anonymous said...

Pictures of me cheating on you are not allowed! You could always steal pictures from Ashley's facebook though :-D

julie said...

wait--i want to see this picture, now!

Anonymous said...

So, there's this big blue suit case in my living room right now and I can't figure out who it belongs to...

What picture?

julie said...

i didnt see any blue suitcase in your living room.
but i heard there is a picture. so, you're kindof confused, apparently.

Anonymous said...

You are sooo shady.

Anonymous said...

You are sooo shady.

Anonymous said...

Twice apparently...